Novidam Capital is proud to announce that its fund to find one special company is currently oversubscribed. We are working hard to create the best strategic team and interested parties will soon be able find more information on the final Investor Group as well as Novidam’s Advisory Board on our website.
Month: March 2014
Internship applications are now online at Columbia and NYU
Novidam Capital thanks all early applicants for summer Analyst and Associate positions. Interviews are scheduled in New York at the end of April and early May. Join the Novidam team now and apply through email@example.com
Novidam Capital partners with Goodwin Procter LLP
Novidam Capital has selected Goodwin Procter LLP as its legal counsel for its first fund. The team at Novidam is very excited to embark on this journey together with and backed by professionals at Goodwin Procter, who’s attorneys have been protecting and promoting its clients’ interests since 1912. Goodwin Procter’s global headquarters is located on 53 State Street in Boston, MA 02109. (www.goodwinprocter.com)
Advisory Board member and Alexander Schuil to present at Harvard Business School
On April 2nd 2014 Novidam Capital’s key Advisory Board member as well as its Principal will be lecturing at a Private Equity panel at Harvard Business School, discussing its fundraising experience and providing feedback to aspiring student entrepreneurs.
Private Equity Internship – Summer Analyst / Summer Associate positions description
PRIVATE EQUITY INTERNSHIP in New York, NY – * June 1st or July 1st start dates, two or three month internships *
Based in New York City, Novidam Capital is an entrepreneurial private equity firm focused on acquiring and actively managing an established company with $2 – $5 million in cash flow. The firm is backed by a unique group of investors comprised of seasoned business operators, successful entrepreneurs and professional private equity professionals with deep experience in evaluating, financing and growing medium-sized companies. Novidam Capital is led by an executive with a background in entrepreneurship, management consulting and managing privately-owned companies (www.novidam.com).
Novidam Capital is seeking outstanding candidates to work directly with the New York team and its Principal, as a Summer Analyst or a Summer Associate. Based on your experience, you will learn how to and help identify new investment themes and acquisition candidates, while assisting in all aspects of the investment process. Private Equity Interns will:
* take a lead role in the evaluation of investments, working with deal intermediaries and directly with company management to locate and qualify good target companies
* help shape investment themes through primary and secondary industry research
* learn to perform valuation analyses and financial modelling in different industries to vet opportunities
* think about strategic initiatives going forward if an acquisition is to be made
* have the opportunity to receive a significant finders fee
• Conducting market and industry research
• Qualifying investment opportunities and providing a weekly sourced deal flow
• Interfacing with brokers, investment bankers and target company management teams
• Analyzing financials and valuations
• Conducting company-specific due diligence and analysis
• Maintaining deal flow databases and overviews
• Studying in penultimate or last year of Bachelors program, preferably focus on Business/Economics/Finance (Summer Analyst), or in Graduate/Masters degree program, preferably an MBA (Summer Associate)
• Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.5
• Strong verbal and written English skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good analytical skills
• Commercial, entrepreneurial drive; proactive and energetic work ethic
• Excellent research skills; ability to find a needle in a haystack
• Consistent track record of high achievement, both professionally and academically
• Experience in private equity, investment banking or management consulting a plus
• Experience in direct sales or business development a plus
• Desire to be a part of a small, entrepreneurial, energetic, New York City team – which includes local social team events – and handle a wide range of responsibilities
Minimum 2 month commitment onsite in New York City office (part time TBD).
Responsibility, Learning and Feedback
At the beginning of each internship, your learning goals are aligned and revisited in bi-weekly feedback sessions. According to your evolvement, more responsibility will be awarded. This can be in the form complete responsibility for an industry or region, or outward representation with target company visits and travel.
You will not be paid, but excellent learning experience, high responsibility, next step career guidance and significant finders fee potential.
Novidam Capital’s Principal sets out to create lasting impact on intern’s careers, offering his mentorship, network and preparation guidance for job interviews. An internship at Novidam Capital is an ideal way to break into the top-tier investment banking, management consulting or venture capital firms, as well as graduate school programs, or to begin an entrepreneurial career.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.